Terms and Conditions
Last updated on 20th February 2018
Terms and Conditions ("Terms"):-Please read these Terms and Conditions ("Terms", "Terms and Conditions") carefully before using our website and all services/activities contained therein. Your access to and the use of our services/activities is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use our services/activities. By accessing or using our services/activities you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of these Terms then you may not access our services/activities.
Termination:-We may terminate or suspend access to our services/activities immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if you breach the Terms. All provisions of the Terms which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation,ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
Ability / Restrictions - Skiing and Snowboarding:-Recreational Use (Practice) requires the ability to control speed and direction and the ability to use the lifts. We will not accept any responsibility for personal injury, loss or damage to personal property as a result of non compliance. We reserve the right to refuse admission or terminate a person recreational use without explanation or refund.
Ability / Restrictions - Tubing:-Restrictions apply: Minimum age = 6 when accompanied by a responsible adult. Recreational Use will require a Safety briefing prior to start and own adult supervision during the activity. We will not accept any responsibility for personal injury, loss or damage to personal property as a result of non compliance. We reserve the right to refuse admission or terminate a person recreational use without explanation or refund.
What to wear - All activities:-Fully fingered gloves, long sleeves and trousers must be worn at all times. The use of helmets is not compulsory, but helmets are available FREE to hire.
Teaching:-Teaching other than by a qualified Brentwood Snowsports School Instructors is not permitted.
Cancellations - Group Bookings:-We reserve the right to cancel or re-arrange lessons / bookings should circumstances so dictate. A minimum of 7 days is required to alter a booking or for cancellation on all Group lessons. A Credit or Refund after this time is at the management discretion. Outright cancellations will incur a 15% administration fee.
Cancellations - Private Tuition (Lessons):-We reserve the right to cancel or re-arrange lessons should circumstances so dictate. A minimum of 48 hours (two days) is required to alter a booking or for cancellation on Private Tuition (Lessons). A Credit or Refund after this time is at the management discretion. Outright cancellations will incur a 15% administration fee.
Refunds:-Refunds are entirely at the Management's discretion. For all medical cancellations a full refund or credit note will be issued, a doctor's or medical certificate will be required.
The following Health & Safety rules are for everyone's benefit, please follow them and help us ensure that you have a safe visit.
International Snowsports Rules of Conduct
10 FIS Rules
1. Consideration towards other Skiers and snowboarders
- Every skier and snowboarder must conduct themselves in a manner that neither endangers no injures others.
- 2. Control of speed an skiing style
- Every skier and snowboarder must ride in a manner appropriate to visivility conditions. He/she must adjust their speed and their riding style to their abilities and the condition of snow, weather, and evironment, as well as to how busy the slopes are.
3. Choice of track
- A skier or snowboarder approaching from behind must select their track so as to not endanger those skiers or snowboarders in front of them.
- Passing may take place from above or below, from the right or left, but only at a distance which allows the skier or snowboarder you are passing enough room to complete all of their motions unhindered.
5. Entering, reentering, skiing uphill
- Every skier and snowboarder who enters a piste, reenters after stopping, or wants to head back up the slope must check above and below to make sure that they are able to do so without endangering themselves or others.
- Unless absolutely necessary, a skier or snowboarder must avoid stopping on the slope at bottlenecks or where visibility is restricted. If a skier or snowboarder has fallen, he/she must leave such a place as quickly as possible.
7. Ascent and descent
- A skier or snowboarder, who either is ascending or descending on foot, must keep to the edge of the slope.
8. Pay attention to signs
- Every skier and snowboarder must pay attention to markings and signals.
9. Obligation to render assistance
- In the event of accidents, every skier and snowboarder is obligated to render assistance.
10. Identification requirement
- Every skier and snowboarder, whether a witness or involved in the incident, wether responsible or not, must present personal identification in the case of an accident.
There are four additional RESPONSIBILITIES that snowboarders should adhere to:
The front leg must be firmly tethered to the
board by a safety strap.
- 2. LOOK It is essential to look left & right when changing direction, especially when starting a turn heel side - glance behind.
- 3. ABILITY The ability to ski does not automatically mean the same ability to snowboard.
- 4. INSTRUCTION Do not attempt the sport without qualified instruction.
Local Rules of Conduct on the Slopes
- 1. You take part in all activities provided at your own risk.
- 2. Recreational use requires control of speed and direction and the ability to use the lifts. This is an essential requirement and failure to comply will result in the termination of use without refund.
- 3. For your protection gloves, long sleeves and trousers MUST be worn at all times.
- 4. Teaching other than Brentwood Park Ski & Snowboard School's Instructors is not permitted.
- 5. Obey all ski lift signs and markings - they are there for your safety. Misuse of ski lifts and equipment can be dangerous and will result in the termination of use without refund.